If you are anything like me, you may find yourself feeling a bit snackish on a weekend afternoon, but don’t necessarily want to eat something that is unhealthy like regular crisps/chips. I love Brussels sprouts and have discovered a way of turning this healthy green leafy veg into a tasty snack.
The humble Brussels sprout is jam packed with good things - essential minerals and dietary fibre along with cancer fighting phytochemicals, to name a few, but sadly has a bit of a bad reputation when it comes to flavour. I hope this recipe will help to correct that. Try it out.
around 500g of raw Brussels Sprouts
1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
a sprinkle of Maldon salt
a sprinkle of Chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Cut the ends off the Brussels Sprouts and discard.
- Peel the outer leaves off and place them on a baking tray. *(If you want to cook the remaining part of the Brussels sprout you can do so too, or save for another veggie dish like this one - Roasted Green Veg with Almonds. )
- Drizzle the olive oil over the sprouts and also sprinkle the salt over.
- Using your hands, gently mix the oil and salt in to lightly coat the leaves.
- Place the baking tray in your oven and roast for about 7 minutes, giving the tray a shake every few minutes or so to help with even browning.
- Brussels sprouts should be turning slightly brown and be crispy when done.
- Remove from the tray and add a sprinkle of chili flakes.
- Place in a snack bowl and serve immediately.