These divine cookies are so simple to make and are excellent if you have a sweet tooth but are trying to eat healthier. They are Vegan, low-carb and Paleo friendly, plus are also gluten free. Perfect served alongside a good cup of tea or coffee in the late afternoon, as a snack when your energy dives.
200g Ground Almonds
100g Organic Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
Pinch of Salt
100g of Maple Syrup
100g Dark Chocolate Chips (preferably dairy-free)
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 175C or 350F fan and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Put the coconut oil in a small pot and heat it briefly, until it melts.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground almonds; salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- To this mixture, now add the coconut oil, as well as the maple syrup.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix through.
- Now add the dark chocolate chips and mix lightly through.
- Taking small handfuls of mixture, roll into small balls. Then flatten these balls by patting them down with the ball of your hand.
- Place them on your baking tray, taking care to space them well as they spread during cooking.
- Bake your cookies for around 12 minutes before removing the tray and allowing them to cool down.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Makes around 16
*Tip: to make extra chocolatey cookies, add 4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder to the mixture.