I had a chocolate craving yesterday and whipped up a quick batch of these (almost guilt-free) biscuits that are really quick and easy to make and totally delicious. I love having a tin of biscuits in the house, for when visitors pop in for tea. The trouble is they usually don’t last very long!
1 cup Coconut Oil, melted
2 Tbsp Maple syrup
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1/2 cup Oats
1 cup Desiccated Coconut
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 Tbsp good quality Cocoa Powder or Organic Raw Cacoa Powder
1 Free Range Egg
100g good quality Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Make small balls with the mixture and place on the baking tray, lightly pressing down with your fingers.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a baking rack.
- Melt some good quality dark chocolate, or make some chocolate icing sugar and drizzle over the biscuits.
- Allow to set and harden before eating.
- Enjoy with friends and a cup of tea.
Makes around 17