This is a wonderfully simple recipe, great for a family meal in the middle of the week. I am vegetarian so while I serve my family this recipe, make myself a simple veggie option by eliminating the steak and adding some fresh tomato instead.
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 tsp Butter
250g Minute Steak
1 Tbs Crushed Garlic
300g Fresh Organic Baby Spinach Leaves
150ml Organic cream (Creme Fraîche also works well)
1 pack of fresh Tagliatelle, Fettuccine or Spaghetti
Ground Black Pepper and Salt to season
For Dressing on Top:
3 Tbs fresh crushed garlic
2 Tbs Chopped Parsley
2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Use a good quality oil)
2 Tbs Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese (again a good quality one goes a long way)
- Heat a large pot of water on the stove, with a splash of olive oil and a dash of salt in it. Allow to boil.
- Using a meat tenderising mallet, bash the steak a few times, to ensure it is nice and thin and tender. Then cut it into thin strips.
- Once the water is boiling, throw in your pasta.
- Place the butter and oil in a pan and heat. Then add the steak and garlic and stir fry for a few minutes, taking care not to overcook the steak.
- Place the cooked steak in a large bowl, along with the baby spinach and cream.
- Drain the pasta once it is done and add it to the bowl. Mix through thoroughly and add the seasoning.
- Dish into individual pasta bowls and drizzle the dressing over each bowl. Then serve.
Serves 4 - 5