This delicious light and flavoursome Panna Cotta is dairy and sugar-free and full of goodness. This pudding is best made in advance and left overnight to set and develop the vanilla flavour. Fresh berries compliment it perfectly.
4 Cups of a Milk of your choice (I used half Almond Milk and half Coconut Milk. If you can have dairy, then fresh full cream dairy milk works well too.)
4 Tbsp Raw honey (or Maple syrup)
3 tsp Vanilla extract
1 Vanilla pod
Fresh or frozen berries
Fresh Mint Leaves
- To prepare, lightly grease small bowls or little ramekins with coconut oil and place to the side.
- Pour the milk into a medium sized saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the top.
- Gently whisk in the gelatin and then just wait a few minutes before turning on the heat to allow the gelatin to soften.
- Add the Honey/Maple syrup, as well as the vanilla extract and vanilla pod to the milk mixture in your saucepan and then start to heat the mixture. Once the milk mixture is hot enough to steam, it is ready to be taken off the stove.
- Now pour the heated mixture into your bowls.
- Place them in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Once set, slide a knife around the edge of the ramekin to loosen the pudding and then gently turn it out onto a dish and decorate with fresh berries.
Makes around 8
For a variation, add some Cocoa Powder and make Chocolate Panna Cotta.