Although I don’t eat chicken, my family do enjoy having it for dinner and it is just one of those sources of protein that is budget friendly and so versatile. This dish is really easy to prepare and makes a good weekday family meal.
1 pack of mixed individual Free Range Chicken pieces (I trust Elgin for truly free range chicken)
6 potatoes, wash and sliced into wedges (keep their skin on)
2 lemons (slice one into wedges)
6 cloves of garlic
1 Tbs crushed garlic
1Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
pinch of Maldon salt
- Preheat oven to 195°C.
- Place the chicken pieces into an oven proof dish, along with the potato wedges and lemon slices.
- Drizzle Olive oil and salt over everything and mix through to coat.
- Grate the zest of the remaining lemon over the chicken pieces and then place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes are up, use a spatula to toss the potatoes around a bit and then add the garlic cloves to the dish. Also add the crushed garlic to the chicken pieces, spreading a little bit on each piece.
- Turn the heat up to 205°C and place the dish back in the oven for another 35 minutes, to crisp the chicken skin and wedges.
- Remove from the oven and serve alongside veggies of your choice, such as Roasted Green Veg with Almonds.
Serves 4 people