This is where I stand regarding my faith:
“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”― Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- I am aware, like Teilhard says above, that we are spiritual beings having a human experience.
- I feel a desperate hunger for God; to know him and be close to him.
- I strongly feel a pull, believe I have a calling, beyond my current understanding.
- I strongly desire to use my God-given gifts to the best of my ability, to be of service to others and to exalt God in all I do.
- Aware of my shortcomings, I strive to do my best as a committed Christian, in living a Christ-centered life; showing love and empathy to myself and others and making a positive difference in the world each day, wherever I can.
“Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.” - Matthew 22:37 (NKJV)
I believe strongly in the commandments and vow to Love the Lord my God with all my mind, heart and soul and my neighbor as myself. In this regard, I value love above all else and try to live a life free of judgement and negativity.