This dish is really easy to prepare as it literally is everything in one dish and does not take much preparation. The stuffing mixture makes an interesting change to normal roast chicken and packs a lot of flavour. If your family have big appetites you may need to add some roast potatoe or extra veg to the meal, otherwise this dish happily serves and impresses 4 people.
8 Free Range Chicken thighs
100g Streaky Bacon
1 tsp Maple Syrup
3 tsp Crushed Garlic
400g Baby Rainbow/ Heirloom Carrots
250g Brown Mushrooms
1 Whole Garlic
250g Tender Stem Broccoli
1Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
pinch of Maldon salt
2 tsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Slice the bacon and fry in a pan until almost crispy.
- Then place the bacon, 2 tsp crushed garlic, maple syrup and melted butter into a bowl and blend with a stick blender.
- Place the chicken pieces into an oven proof dish. Lift the skin up from the thighs and stuff some of the bacon mixture between the skin and meat of each thigh.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and season and place in the oven for around 25 minutes.
- Take the dish out the oven and add the garlic cloves; carrots; broccoli and mushrooms, arranging them around the chicken.
- Place 1 tsp of crushed garlic over the mushrooms, along with the parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle all the veg with a little olive oil and season.
- Turn the heat up to 200°C and place the dish back in the oven for around another 25 minutes or until the skin of the chicken is crispy and the veg cooked.
- 10.Remove from the oven and serve.
Serves 4 people