Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and my favourite meal, especially when eaten a little later as brunch. I eat a lot of egg based breakfasts and so enjoy finding tasty and healthy alternatives to try. This unusual combination of flavours won’t suit everyone, but is worth a try if you enjoy variety!
1 Bunch / 300g Red or White Seedless Grapes
Half a tub of Ricotta
A Few Bay Leaves
Good Quality Sourdough or Rye Bread
Pinch Maldon salt
Olive Oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Scatter the Bay Leaves onto a baking tray and top with the grapes.
- Drizzle with some Olive Oil and a sprinkle some salt over.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the grapes are soft, coloured and the skin is bursting.
- Meanwhile, toast a few slices of bread.
- Mix the Ricotta with the black pepper and pinch of salt and pile on top of the toast.
- Once the grapes are ready, remove from the oven and pile on top of the ricotta toast. Make sure you pour over the juices from the tray.