I love Cauliflower! It is such a versatile vegetable and lends itself to so many dishes. The banting movement largely brought it to fame and now chefs and enthusiastic foodies all over the world are making everything from mash to pizza bases using this vegetable. This curried version goes well alongside a chicken or fish dish, or as a stand alone healthy lunch or snack. It is also relatively quick to make. Feel free to double up the ingredients, as one cauliflower does not go very far.
1 Cauliflower head
2 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
1Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Wash and dry the cauliflower head and then remove the central part of the cauliflower, without breaking the florets.
- Slice the florets into strips and set aside.
- Place the Curry Powder, Turmeric, salt and Olive Oil into a bowl and mix.
- Using a basting brush, lightly paint some of the curry mixture onto a baking tray.
- Place the cauliflower onto the tray, ontop of the painted mixture and then use the remaining mixture to paint the top of the cauliflower.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place in a pretty plate.
Serve as a small side dish for 4 people