I often make schnitzels or chicken breasts for my family and serve it alongside creamed spinach and roast butternut. I purposefully make rather a lot of veg so that there will be some leftovers, from which I then bake these super easy and tasty savory muffins the next day. They are protein heavy with 3 eggs added. Great for lunch, or as a healthy snack to keep your energy levels high.
roughly 50g Butternut (already roasted)
roughly 130g creamed spinach
3/4cup Self Raising Flour
3 large eggs
Salt and black pepper to taste
for the topping:
4 baby tomatoes, halved
9 blocks of cheese (It is perfect with Feta or Mozzarella, but even ordinary Cheddar works well)
- Grease a muffin tin and preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin tin.
- Top each muffin with a half a tomato and a piece of cheese, slightly pushing them down into the mixture.
- Bake at 180°C for 16minutes
- When cooked, remove from the oven and use a knife to gently cut around the edges so that you can remove the muffins easily from the tin. They are best eaten warm and are so good you don’t even really need to add butter.
Makes around 9 muffins