I love tomatoes and this recipe combines them with some other amazing ingredients that are packed with healthy nutrients. Because this is such a simple recipe with a few ingredients, go for quality and ensure you use the best products your budget can afford.
This is a dish that is designed to impress - it looks beautiful and tastes amazing as a side dish or served as a light Summer lunch. If you are having it for lunch, invite some friends over and enjoy it along with some crusty bread and a good Chardonnay. If you want to beef it up a bit you can add chickpeas and also fresh baby spinach leaves, (just add a bit more pesto then so you don’t compromise on flavour!). Enjoy!
A selection of different types of small tomatoes (get different colours)
About 300g (about 12 small balls) Buffalo Mozzarella Balls
3 tsp Basil Pesto (I used a ready made good quality pesto)
1tsp Good Quality Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
A pinch of salt
Ground Black Pepper
- Wash the tomatoes, slice them in half and place them in an attractive shallow bowl.
- Chop the avocado and add it to the bowl.
- Drizzle the Olive Oil and Vinegar over the ingredients and then add the salt and black pepper and mix to lightly cover.
- Place the Mozzarella balls attractively on-top,
- With a tsp light flick pesto over the salad and then serve.
Serve as a side dish or as a light lunch for 4 people, alongside fresh bread.