I love the Eastern flavours that come through in this salad. If you enjoy sushi, you will take pleasure in teaming this salad with some raw or grilled Salmon and steamed rice. It is voluptuous in flavour, but clean and simple too. Enjoy as a light lunch or as a side dish.
5 Spring Onions, chopped
350g Zucchini Noodles
100g Snap Peas
Half a Cucumber
1 tsp Fresh Ginger
1 Ripe Avocado
3Tbs Mayonnaise (if you like a bit of a bite, you can add a dash of wasabi to the mayonnaise)
30g Sesame Seeds
2 Tbs Sesame Oil or Good Quality Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Oil
3 Tbs Soya Sauce
1/4 tsp Raw Honey
1 tsp Raw Ginger, finely chopped or ground
Pinch of Maldon salt
Some Ground Black Pepper
- Roast the Sesame Seeds in a preheated oven on 200°C until light brown in colour (watch them as this only takes a few minutes then they will burn!).
- Place the Zucchini in a bowl and add the washed Snap Peas and Spring Onion.
- Remove the skin of the cucumber and then slice it into circles and again into halves and then add to the bowl.
- Remove the skin of the fresh ginger and then slice it into small pieces, or grind it down using a mortar and pestle.
- Place the ginger in a small jug and add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix them together.
- Pour the dressing over the ingredients in the bowl and mix through. (If you are preparing this dish ahead of time, you can allow it to stand now.)
- Before serving, slice the Avocado into chunks and add to the bowl, drizzle dashes of Mayonnaise over the bowl and then sprinkle the Sesame Seeds on top.
Serve as a side dish or as a light lunch for 4 people